Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sick baby
kacj11 posted:
My 6 month old was running a fever of 102 he also had a runny nose congestion and he was spitting up flem and not holding down his food to well. I took him to the et they gave him some mortrin and sent him saying he had a virus just to give him alot of fluids an alternate between Motrin an Tylenol. Now he hasn't eatin anything since about 2. I gave him pedalyte and he vomited everything up and keeps gettin a fever I don't want him to get dehydrated should I take him to his pedi or just wait to see if he hold down anything throughtout the day.

zabroza86 responded:
would make an appointment with the pedi so they can give you some kind of antibiotics for the virus he has gotten. i know when my son got sick, i immediately made an appointment for the pm and they gave him amoxicillin for his ear infection (he ultimately got an allergic reaction) but was getting better.

hope your LO gets better.

lbcash responded:
I would make an appointment with the pedi too. RSV is spreading in our area like 'wildfire'. My 8 week old just got out of the hospital with it and my 4 year old is getting over it too although it wasn't as bad for him. That's crazy they told you to go home and he's spitting up flem. You wouldn't want it to turn into anything worse than it already is. Good Luck!! We hate it when our babies are sick

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi kacj11!

Hoping that this week is going better for you guys and you were able to see the pedi!

Please keep us posted on everything.

Take care!
Amelia

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.