Skip to content
7 month old, pooping too much?
wifey186 posted:
My daughter is 7 months old, she was born 10 weeks early. We started solids at 6 months, twice a day. Three weeks ago we started solids three times a day and she still takes about 22-24 ounces of Neosure formula a day as well. Is the last week she has been pooping a lot more. Before she would go once, maybe twice a day, about the same time. In the last week, she has been going about 6 or more times a day. The majority are now smaller more solid, soft poops, where before it was one big blowout. She still has one big blowout a day but the rest are more solid. Is this normal? I am calling the pediatrician in the morning, but was hoping to hear some answers tonight.

lenono97 responded:
I think it's normal. Adding solids is going to change the consistency, frequency and smell! The type of food will also affect the bowel movements. I have also noticed my son goes more often now that we have added solids.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.