Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it too early to take the baby on an over night outting?
Weetah2011 posted:
I just need some in put. I have a friend who is going to be induced tomorrow evening. We are going out of town on a family trip over St. Patrick's day weekend. She wants to coming but the baby will only be 10 or 11 days old. She would only come for the one night. She is wondering if it's too early to take the baby into a hotel. It is a hotel with a huge game room for kids, pools and a mini golf course.

lenono97 responded:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. But it really depends on the kid and the mother. If the child is compromised medically, then it's probably not a good idea and her doctor can answer that. Is this her first child? If so, it might be a little overwhelming to be out of the house for that long with a baby that little. Keep in mind the baby will probably be up every couple of hours during the night to eat. Is this going to disrupt other people? However, it's always good to get out of the house. The baby will probably sleep most of the time and I am sure there will be lots of family willing to help out or just hold the baby to give her a bit of a break.

tchance55 responded:
I agree with everything PP said. I never waited for a certain time before I took any of my children out. I am not one to sit around the house. If she is comfortable with it then I don't see why she can't.

Weetah2011 responded:
Thank you both for your input. No it's not her first child and she said if its like her other delivers, she will be fine. I think it was just her friend putting paranoid thoughts in her head. She is not one to sit around either so she will see if the dr gives her and the baby the ok and if so she said she is going. there will be about 10 of is there so she will have plenty of help. Thanks again )

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.