Skip to content
Baby Colds
superdada posted:
My 4 month old had a dry cough that started about 6 weeks ago, he would cough about 6-7 times day...after a week he came down with a full blown cold with sneezing, runny nose, and congestion which lasted about 10 days. His periodic cough and sneeze has never really left him, and now it appears he has another cold with runny nose, chest congestion, coughing, sneezing. Does this sound normal to have concurrent colds or lasting nasal rattle?

earleyml1012 responded:
Yes, unfortunately for little babies the cough takes forever to go away. So he may have been over the cold but the cough lingered and then he caught another cold. Is he in daycare? I found that my kids pretty much have coughs/runny noses most of the winter months. It's so frustrating for them. I'd only be worried if he has a fever for more than 4-5 days.

candy352 responded:
Sorry to hear about your LO's sickness. I'm going through something similar. My 3 month old has been coughing and had congestion for a week. She saw her pediatrician today and was tested for RSV because of the way she was breathing and wheezing. She tested positive for it and will start breathing treatments. I would suggest taking him to the pediatrician to see what is going on. When my LO first started, they told me to use a humidifier and saline nose drops, and if it persists to bring her in. Your LO has been coughing for some time, so ask for advice from your doctor.
Candi 26, Dennis 37, DD Chastity 12/10/11

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.