Skip to content
hello
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Hello. My name is Heather. I have been a member on the TTCAL and PAL boards until now where I have had my son. Carson was born 3/31/12 at 2:10am weighing 7lb 5lb and 21 inches long. He was 2.5 weeks early but other than a little jaundice he is healthy and doing good. I am enjoying my little man so much. You never realize you can love someone so much until you have a little person you created looking back at you. We are breastfeeding only until otherwise told not to or atleast until one if we can. He is back up to his birth weight which is great for being only 9 days old. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Best wishes

earleyml1012 responded:
Welcome Heather! I remember you from the PAL boards. Glad to hear you had a healthy baby boy and that all is doing well. These boards are a little slow but hopefully we can get some discussions started.

hgreenwood7058 replied to earleyml1012's response:
thanks. I hope we can get it started. Its nice to have a support group especially when being a new mommy.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Heather!

Looking forward to hearing more about your cute little guy.

My husband and I were talking last night about the instant bond a mother has with a newborn. I still look at babies and am just amazed that at what our bodied can create. Miracle!

How is breastfeeding going?
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
breastfeeding is going well so long as we use a shield. If we dont he wont latch. But with the shield its find. He does good. And is gaining weight.

kell0613 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Hang in there with the shield. My Daughter did the same thing. Wouldn't latch without it for the longest time....then randomly, between 2-3 months she decided she didn't like it anymore and starting latching perfectly without it

KBratt responded:
Hey Heather!! I remember you from the pregnancy boards! This board is really slow.

Congrats on Carson! I am also bf-ing Riley, never used a shield but my problem is getting him to stay sucking, he only wants to eat on each side for 5-7mins:( DH& I think he's lazy, that after the let down stops he doesn't want to work for it...but he is gaining weight so I'm not really concerned, just gets annoying trying to get him to eat longer so he will sleep longer.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.