Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
baby with yeast infection
dbrondsema posted:
my daughter has had a diaper rash for like two weeks. and i just watched a video on here and it looked just like hers and said it was a yeast infection. so what can i put on her for that. she is only nine months old

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I am not sure for OTC. But if you take her to her doctor they will prescribe a cream for it.

KBratt responded:
Sorry to PP but no, if you take them to the Dr they will just tell you to use OTC monistat (sp) or the generic brand for 7-10days til it clears up. My daughter gets them frequently which her pedi has told us can be normal...some people just produce more yeast then others.
Katie: DH-Ryan, Kelsey 7/4/10

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.