Skip to content
Blue Arm
Anon_68068 posted:
My baby is 12 hours old. I'm concerned because his left arm is blue and cool and they said his blood pressure is bad. I guess it was 125/70 in his left arm and within normal range in his right. He has no other problems except mild hypothermia. They took an X-ray of his heart and all seems to be well there. Could you tell me what some of the possible diagnosis are for what they say is "cyanosis" in only one arm? He isn't blue anywhere else on his body.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

Just checking in to see how your son is doing and what you have been able to find out.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

kbooth44 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
He ended up having a stroke. I guess it was pretty massive. Still never said anything about the blue arm, and they even let me go home. I was gone for two hours and then I got a call saying to come back and they couldn't tell me why. Come to find out he'd had a stroke that caused several seizures. It has all been pretty rough.

Ihgirl1066 replied to kbooth44's response:
Awe Im so sorry to hear about your baby, I couldnt imagine having to go through this. I pray that your baby is fine and you get to take you lil peanut home, healthy soon!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to kbooth44's response:
Oh my, how terrible and frightening! Please keep us posted on how you and your little guy are doing.

Know you are in our thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

mom2aboy3 responded:
sorry to hear this hope he is ok hope you are feelign better from the delivery and all i couldnt imagine what you are gogin through i am a new mommy as well please update us

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.