Skip to content
WHOA baby! LOL
Jackie03291 posted:
So we went for our one month check up yesterday and my little porker has gained nearly 3 pounds already in the first month! Technically more, because she was born at 7.3 and was 6.9 by the time we left the hospital and she was exactly 10 lbs yesterday! I couldn't believe it! I don't remember my now 3 year old gaining that much weight in the first month that's for sure! I guessed with my huband the night before that she was 8.5lbs, so I was WAY off.

How much did your LO gain the first month? Just curious to compare!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

kell0613 responded:
If I remember correctly, DD was around 10 pounds at her 1 months check up also. But she was born at 8.7, so it wasn't as much of a jump. It is so hard for me to guesstimate her weight! I'm anxious to go to the Dr next month to get her exact weight....she doesn't seem to cooperate when I try to set her on the bathroom scale All I know is she is sooo heavy now!
Kelly (26) DH (32) and DD Nola born 9/24/2011

Ihgirl1066 replied to kell0613's response:
My son grew like a weed, grew 2 inches and gained 3 lbs the first month. He was in 18 month clothes by the time he was 3 months because he was so tall. DD hasnt grown as fast shes in 18 months as of 7 months. she was lil over 20 lbs and 28 inches at her 6 month check up (which she was 6.5 months).

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.