Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    EmeraldSkye84 posted:
    My son is 5 months old.Recently when I have been wiping him, I have felt a little lump that moves around inside his testicles. Is that normal?
    Sara DuMond, MD, FAAP responded:
    Hi Emerald Skye84,
    Lumps and bumps in babies can be very hard to interpret. Testicular lumps can be a variety of things. One possibility is that you are feeling the actual testicle itself. While that may sound funny, the reality is that babies' testicles often move around in the scrotum quite a bit, and I would describe their feel as a small marble. Some little boys also have small hydroceles, which is a collection of fluid within the scrotal sac that naturally goes away over time in most cases. As long as it does not seem to be painful, the skin overlying the area is not red or inflamed, and the lump is not growing, just make a point to mention it to your doctor at your son's next check-up.
    Dr. DuMond

    Helpful Tips

    Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
    For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 5 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.