Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Infantile Spasms
minnielou76 posted:
does anyone know anything about Infantile Spasms any help or anything tohelp ease my nerves will be greatly appreciated

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi minnielou76 and Welcome!

This discussion with response from Dr. DuMond may be helpful -

9 mo. old does a weird shake

Let us know if this sounds familiar and eases your nerves.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

minnielou76 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you but it wasnt really any help he is not shaking or shivering he is having spasms i am waiting on a nuerlogists to set an apt but i dont think i am going to wait much longer i dont like seeing my 7 month old in pain and it scares me badly but thanks for trying

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to minnielou76's response:
Hi minnielou -

I hope you are able get into a neurologist very soon. This does sound very frightening. Please let us know what you find out.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Sara DuMond, MD, FAAP responded:
Hi minnielou76,
I can imagine your worry. Infantile spasms can be very frightening and definitely warrant an evaluation by a neurologist, sooner rather than later. Please contact your doctor again, to make sure that your baby is seen by a neurologist in a timely manner. Keep us updated.
Dr. DuMond

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Community Abbreviation Guide
Everyone needs a cheat sheet when they first join the Pregnancy/Parenting Communities! Don't worry, I felt intimidated and confused with ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.