Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Swollen legs & feet, nursing baby & 1st time mother
    Anon_175027 posted:
    Have terriably swollen legs and am nursing a new baby. Is there anything over the counter or at the natural food market that I can take to bring the swelling down & get rid of the water that is in the legs? Please help. The doctor doesn't want to do anything for another week and I don't know if I can wait that long.

Allaya9 responded:
    Ah yes I remember after my baby was born my feet and ankles swelled up something awful, my feet looked like sausages it was awful. The best thing you can do is drink plenty of water, that will help flush that out. Also, try propping your feet up and getting around and taking a stroll. I know I was pretty sore after so I couldn't walk far but it helped. It took about 2 weeks to finally go down. Hope this helps.
    Me(37) DH(38) Lochlan Sidney born 9/9/11

An_239617 responded:
    dandilion capsuls

hgreenwood7058 responded:
    I had severe swelling for a few weeks after delivery (too the point where I was so swollen I could barely stand up. even my toes looked like sausages). I ended up in the ER a few days after i got out of the hospital from it. They don't like to give meds to women who are breastfeeding because it goes through the breast milk. They just say tough it out. It does get better. Try soaking in some epsom salt and warm to hot water too. And drink plenty of fluids.

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
    For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.