Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
weird rash = freaking out
alliwm21 posted:
my daughter is goin to be 9mos and has 4teeth coming in at the same time. this is causing her to have a nonstop fever for a about a week. i dont know where that would tie in but its been so hot that my fiance thinks its just a heat rash, but she has a spreading flesh color, with welts bump rash from her abdomen to her face with red lines in areas?? it doesnt seem to be bothering her now that her fever is finally broke but its concerning me and im tryin to save a dr. trip if possible

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi alliwm21 -

Sorry to hear you and your little one are going through this!

Fevers and rashes should be checked out by her pediatrician. It is too difficult to guess what's going on without an exam.

In the meantime, this information, 10 Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers and Newborns Skin and Rashes , may be helpful.

Please let us know what you find out,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.