Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Help!!!!
Frankyv1345 posted:
Ok my friend has a 4 month old baby and he is crying all most all the time! we feed him and chang him we rock him sing to him and some times he just dosent stop i am out of ideas what do we do?

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Is her baby eating formula or breast milk? My twins have to eat both because I don't make enough milk and last week I got some formula that did not agree with either baby. My son spent 3 hours crying because the formula gave him some painful gas. Both he and my daughter were also spitting up quite a bit. I got the pediatrician to give us a prescription for a different brand and I'll be trying it out tomorrow as soon as I can go by the store and get some.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/crying-colic-9/what-is-colic

He may be colic. Try getting some colic tabs. Here is an article on colic.

Frankyv1345 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
He is eating formula. That could be his problem, thanks!

Frankyv1345 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank u so much I think that is what his problem is but the doctor says he does not have it and won't give us any thing 4 it

FrenchBulldogMom replied to Frankyv1345's response:
Have you read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" ? It has 5 tips for helping your colicky baby.

http://www.happiestbaby.com/book-dvd-excerpts/the-happiest-baby-book/

I swaddle my twins and use a swing when they're extra fussy. I also got some baby gas drops for when they just can't burp or pass the gas.

The Nutramagin formula (made by Enfamil) is doing a lot better than the regular formula that they were on. I still wish that I could produce more breast milk, but I've even tried prescription Reglan to help,but it hasn't so far.

Sara DuMond, MD, FAAP responded:
Oh dear. Few things are give parents a more helpless feeling than not being able to sooth their baby. As a pediatrician, I've counseled hundreds of parents regarding this subject, and as a mother myself, I've been there! Here is a link to an article that may shed some light on the subject. Best of luck to your friend!
http://www.parents.com/baby/care/colic/handling-baby-colic/
Dr. DuMond

Frankyv1345 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks it is so odd he is 4 months old and allredy has 2 teeth! He is developing so fast and I don't know if that is normal!

Frankyv1345 replied to Sara DuMond, MD, FAAP's response:
Thanks, how do you know if he is developing at a normal speed or not?

hgreenwood7058 replied to Frankyv1345's response:
I was reading on webmd or another baby sight can't remember which but read that babies can start getting teeth as early as 3months or as late as 12 months but average is 6. So the little one is just a little above the game. I am pretty sure my little man is teething. I also read they can have symptoms for awhile before they ever pop any teeth. My little man just turned 4 months. Thats also the age my cousins daughter got teeth. Little man constantly drools and makes bubbles(his grandma says it reminds her of a st bernard lol) and constant eating the hands or eating other peoples fingers, thinking its coming as well. I hope the LO starts feeling better soon. Some providers are more old school and won't do anything. Try the colic tabs if you can and also maybe try teething tablets. Could be the colic or it could be that his gums hurt too. Or could be a combo.

Frankyv1345 responded:
He is doing much better now I don't know what chaged but some thing did thank Jesus!

Frankyv1345 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank you I think it was a combo but he is doing much better now thanks for ur help

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Community Abbreviation Guide
Everyone needs a cheat sheet when they first join the Pregnancy/Parenting Communities! Don't worry, I felt intimidated and confused with ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.