Skip to content
No newborn vaccinations, except Hep B till 2 months?!??!?
jessa0319 posted:
I just had a healthy baby boy, on the 4th of July. His first appointment was on Monday, and they told me he will not be recieving any vaccinations until 2 months, because they're main focus is on growth. I am baffled by this! We also have a 3 y/o whom by 3 days old had already recieved 5 shots!!! I am slightly concerned and confused as to why doctors can just decide this at the drop of a dime??? I want my son prtected, and to be able to go out in public!!! Anyone answers, as I can't seem to get any I'm satisfied with??

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It changed a few years ago by the CDC. I have been working in the medical field (since 6/2008 though recently switched to a computer analyst position) but ever since I had worked in patient care this was the standard. One Hep B shot as a newborn. A 2nd one is given if they tested positive for something (can't remember the full thing about that). Then they get shots at 2,4,6,9,12 and 15 months and then at 18 months they get an that they may have missed. Then it slows down from there. I am actually suprised that they would have given your 3 yo 5 shots so early, each of the vaccinations also come with an info sheet that state when they should receive them but Webmd recently came up with this neat little tool you can use and it gives you an idea of what to expect.
https://vaccinetracker.webmd.com I understand the wanting your little one to be protected. My son just turned 3 months old at the end of june.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.