Skip to content
epiderial side effect in babies
peggmops posted:
has anyone had a botched epiderial that caused side effects in their bbaby?? problems in breathing? thanks for your help! Gramma

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I have not. I had 36 hours of labor. Went natural until about 31 hours but because my contracts did not have any spaces( they would rise fall a little and rise again. no resting periods at all) i ended up with an epidural. which wore off on half my body after about an hour so I still felt everything and eventually ended up with a emergency c-section at the 36 hour mark because of other issues as well but he did not have any harm from the epidural at all. He is perfectly healthy. Do note that some babies do have difficulty with feeding and breathing at the same time. Its something they have to learn. So sometimes they choke a little bit or breathe a little funny. Sometimes they do a weird breathing sound too when they are just hanging out. Doctor said it was common and they eventually grow out of it.

angelpussis4 responded:
Maby. my daughter was in labor 3 days, had a C-section 3 days ago, and today baby was flown to a better hospital, 6 hr's away.. saying due to infection. any idea what happened. G-ma

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.