Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new mommy for the second time but not baby question
mom2aboy3 posted:
so ten weeks ago i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy well ill just get down to the point i know every pregnancy is diffrent every womans healing afterwards is diffrent every womand bleeding afterwards is diffrent for the time length and all well i bleed for the first 4 weeks after the harsh delivery went to my check up at 5 weeks to later that same day start my first cycle which lasted 8 days then i didnt bleed for 7 days then i bleed for 8 days then not for 7 and again for 8 days i just got off my 7 days of not and ive started once agian i dotn remember doing this with my last pregnancy 6 years ago i remember bleeding for 2 weeks aftet that delivery and 4 weeks not bleeding and 5 days bleeding and my cycle was normal i would be on a 28 day cycle i dont know why or understand why ive bleed for 7 out of the last 10 weeks my wedding is in a month i dont want to be worried bout will i need to have stuff with me i am also bleedign heavier then if i was bleeding a normal cycle more clottign too i am havign to use both tampons and pads at same itme due to the amount everyone is telling me its normal and could take upto 6 months to go back to normal is this true i think i might call my ob on monday and see what they say because if they want to see me i can make an apt for wednesday or thursday and hopefully not be bleeding and all has any other moms had this happen and what did you do to help regulate yourself faster if thats even possible should i ask my ob for birth control could that help me regulate by any chance i havent had sex in 20 weeks lol sad but true lol i forgot to ask my ob for birth control when i saw her at my check up at 5 weeks and all and she didnt mention it and all and when i was 26 weeks preg sex started aggitateing my cervix so we were told no more sex until after the baby was born and well no glove no love is what i tell my fiance soon to be husband he laughs at me i dont necessarily care bout sex anymore but he wants it lol i kinda dont but hes willing to wait til im ready to again which i dont know whe that will be he wants a third child after the labor and delivery i just had i dont think so right now lol it was so horrible so painful its a whole nother story i give the ladies who do it on a regular basis with out drugs so much credit they have more guts then i do all though this last delivery was natural because i was too late for any pain managment when i got to the hospital but i guess at least it was a quick labor and delivery lol started at 530 got to hospital at 8 he was born at 914 in the evening just under 4 hours

hgreenwood7058 responded:
yay for a quick delivery lol. You should make an appointment with your OB. While it may take a while for you to regulate it almost makes me wonder if some of the contents of pregnancy could have been left? Have they checked you for that. Birth control can potentially regulate you depending on what you get. One thing to note though if you are breastfeeding there are many kinds that you cannot use. I am not sure if you are or not though. Something to discuss with your doctor. Congrats on your upcoming wedding too! I am exclusively pumping and did a lot of research to decide the type of birth control. I went with the Implanon (if you have good insurance then its a good choice, same with the IUD because they aren't supposed to effect milk supply at all). Lots of choices. If i wasn't pumping for little man I probably would have went back to YAZ because I was regular with that. I hadn't had af after 3 weeks of the pp bleeding up until little man was about 12 weeks old.I bled for 10 days and then it finally stopped (he just turned 16 weeks on sat). One thing about implanon and iud and depo (any of the long term ones minus the pills) you don't necessarily know when you are going to start.Sometimes you don't have af at all and other times you have it regularly. Anyways I hope that all is well with your LO. Congrats again on him and your upcoming marriage.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.