Travel & Vacations Tips with Tiny Ones
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
A recent post by lhgirl1066 about her families plans to go camping got me reminiscing about traveling (and over-packing as my husband would say) with tiny ones.

Traveling can be challenging for anyone - whether it's road trips or flying or just staying in a hotel or a strange bed in a family member's home, traveling can be difficult. Now add in infants and possibly other kids and you can have a true challenge on your hands.

Share your summer plans, travel tips for managing while on the go. Anyone else think they over-pack?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I over pack but I rather be over packed than under packed. I made sure that I had double to triple the amount of outfits for the days we were gone (babies spit up a lot so I wanted to make sure we had enough clothes just in case. Also the weather could change as well). I have alot of diapers but its because when little man was 5 weeks old (our first adventure. we did the bloomsday run/walk in spokane,wa which is 7.49 miles) We had to travel about 3 hours (3.5 because of stopping to feed and change little man) but at the time he was going through like 17 diapers a day and we we going to be gone about 2-2.5 days. So lots of diapers and wipes. We also brought his stroller so that we could attach his carseat to it during part of the walk as well as a baby carrier when he go fussy during the walk. The pump as well as all the pump stuff and bottles. And receiving blankets (for burping) and reg blanket. A baby jacket. A rain gaurd for the stroller. Oh and his newborn rock n play sleeper that he sleeps in. That was just for him not including packing for myself lol. Had to bring a similar amount with us to an overnight trip in june too when we went to a graduation of a family member out of town. It was a lot to pack but we used it all so it was worth it.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I should have taken a picture of my packed car!!! My husband didn't think everything would fit - I showed him! It does seem like when my DD was a tiny one I had more "stuff" to pack. Need to remind my husband we are now traveling light!

This is a pic of my daughter and niece loving the sand...
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Opps - I meant to post this pic on the Monday Minutes discussion.

hgreenwood - Sounds like you need a trailer to pull behind your car!
Elizabeth