Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Travel & Vacations Tips with Tiny Ones
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
A recent post by lhgirl1066 about her families plans to go camping got me reminiscing about traveling (and over-packing as my husband would say) with tiny ones.

Traveling can be challenging for anyone - whether it's road trips or flying or just staying in a hotel or a strange bed in a family member's home, traveling can be difficult. Now add in infants and possibly other kids and you can have a true challenge on your hands.

Share your summer plans, travel tips for managing while on the go. Anyone else think they over-pack?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I over pack but I rather be over packed than under packed. I made sure that I had double to triple the amount of outfits for the days we were gone (babies spit up a lot so I wanted to make sure we had enough clothes just in case. Also the weather could change as well). I have alot of diapers but its because when little man was 5 weeks old (our first adventure. we did the bloomsday run/walk in spokane,wa which is 7.49 miles) We had to travel about 3 hours (3.5 because of stopping to feed and change little man) but at the time he was going through like 17 diapers a day and we we going to be gone about 2-2.5 days. So lots of diapers and wipes. We also brought his stroller so that we could attach his carseat to it during part of the walk as well as a baby carrier when he go fussy during the walk. The pump as well as all the pump stuff and bottles. And receiving blankets (for burping) and reg blanket. A baby jacket. A rain gaurd for the stroller. Oh and his newborn rock n play sleeper that he sleeps in. That was just for him not including packing for myself lol. Had to bring a similar amount with us to an overnight trip in june too when we went to a graduation of a family member out of town. It was a lot to pack but we used it all so it was worth it.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I should have taken a picture of my packed car!!! My husband didn't think everything would fit - I showed him! It does seem like when my DD was a tiny one I had more "stuff" to pack. Need to remind my husband we are now traveling light!

This is a pic of my daughter and niece loving the sand...
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Opps - I meant to post this pic on the Monday Minutes discussion.

hgreenwood - Sounds like you need a trailer to pull behind your car!
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.