Skip to content
IM WORRIED!
missashley1010 posted:
Hey ladies!

Okay so my son was acting up it started on Saturday at three a.m. he was really fussy and running a temp. We made him comfortable and finally he went back to bed. I had to work on satuday so my grandma took him the from noon to 7:30 he was really fussy all day. She brought him to urgent care where they said he has an ear infection and a little bug of some sort. When I got him home he would not eat or drink ANYTHING the whole night. I asked my grandma how he was and what he had the whole day and she said he had a bottle around 3 and a half of baby food jar. His last wet diaper was at 5 oclock that day as well. After a long night of non stop crying and his refusal to drink or eat anything and no wet diapers or bowl movments I decided to take him to E.R. I told them I was afraid he would dehidrate (sp.) They told me he wasnt which I knew it wasnt to a bad level but felt concerned they dissmissed how i felt and told me to come in only if his lips were dry as well as his mouth. Now I dont know if im a over reactive first time mother or if that seems a little extreme...I mean dont you think you would want to get him hydration instead of waiting for him to be completely dehidrated? I just am beside myself and could use some advice or encouraging words. TIA

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I think if they told me that,I would seriously flip out right there in the middle of the ER.

Does your pediatrician have an answering service for after hours?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I woulda flipped out. And he may have not been fully dehydrated but if he hasn't had a wet diaper in hours. And it had been going all day and night then there is something going on. If you have a pediatrician and your LO is still having troubles make an appt. Also try and get him to have the pedialyte popsicles if he is old enough if you can. Any liquid to keep him hyrdrated poor LO. Best wishes.

missashley1010 responded:
Thanks ladies. I told them I wanted to tlak to someone in peds but they said it wasnt nessary. Its been a few days he is finally coming around a little still whiny and tired, but he is drinking...some but eating like a champ I got him some popsicles and he loves them! Thanks again I figured if he wasnt eating or drinking by tomorrow I was going to bring him into his pedi.

hgreenwood7058 replied to missashley1010's response:
I am glad he's coming around and eating and starting to drink some. Hopefully he will be on the mend completely soon.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Community Abbreviation Guide
Everyone needs a cheat sheet when they first join the Pregnancy/Parenting Communities! Don't worry, I felt intimidated and confused with ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.