Skip to content
Pregnant after vasectomy?
Janellmabel posted:
My husband had a vasectomy 11 years ago, has 2 children from a previous marriage. I had a period 2 weeks ago. 1 week ago, I started getting breast tenderness and am more tired than usual. Is it possible that I may be pregnant. I am 36 years old and have never been pregnant.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Its unlikely with the amount of time that has past. However, things are always possible. One thing to find out is if he ever did his post op sperm analysis. In the clinic I work for you have to do like 2 or 3 samples to make sure that you are fully sterile because things can happen like growing back together though its rare. And there have been cases where the patient did not follow up after the vasectomy and ended up having another child but this was within a year or so of the procedure. If you are concerned you could take a test in about a week and see. Unless your period was abnormal then you could test now. And if its negative then I would prob believe it. It could be that your hormones are shifting which is causing the tenderness and tiredness. Good luck and best wishes.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.