Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Hi Ladies( newbie)
amarasmom posted:
Hi Ladies,
I'm new to these boards, but not to webmd. I came here alot before everything changed. After that I went to onlyusmommies, and now I'm back. The ladies over there are really nice love them to death, but I miss these boards too. Anyways, After a long battle of infertility of 10 years, I finally became pregnant in apr 2011. I have a history of incompentent cervix. With Amara's pregnancy I had to get a cervical cerclage in july at 13 weeks. Needless to say, the cerclage failed at 21 weeks. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, and I ended up delivering at 23w5d giving birth to a babygirl who weighed 1lb6oz on 10/4/2011. The battle was long, and there were alot of trials. She was only given a 17% survival chance, but she exceeded all doctors expectations. She was born with e.coli, group b strep. She needed to have heart surgery of which was a success. She developed mrsa. She had a long battle in the NICU, but I can honestly say that they took really good care of her. She was in the NICU the first 4 mos of her life. She wasnt due until 1/26/2011. She is a little fiesty momma, and was fiesty ever since she was born. She came out fighting for her life. She has been a joy to have and my onlyusmommies girls supported me alot. I am thankful to them and my family. She is now 6mos 2 weeks adjusted but her chronological age is 10 mos. My princess is quickly approaching 1 yr old and is getting into everything. Her name is Amara, and My name is Meka. Just thought I would share my story!
hgreenwood7058 responded:
Welcome. I am glad your little girl came out fighting and still is. She went through a lot as did you and you are stronger for it. Congrats on your little girl.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Back Meka -

Congratulations! So glad to hear you and Baby Amara are doing OK after such a frightening and complicated beginning.

You both certainly sound like very strong girls!

How much does she weigh now? Has she caught up yet?

~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Helpful Tips

Diherea and puking
My 10 month old son started getting diherea yesterday when he was with the babysitter. then this morning after i got my husband off to work ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 17 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.