Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello :)
capriciousangel31 posted:
Just wanted to make a post saying hi to all the other parents here in the Baby's first year community.
My name is Megan and I am a first time mommy
My little girl ( Melody Marie ) was born on August 16th and weighed 9lbs 6 oz. right now she is doing amazingly well. We are bottle feeding her both breast milk and formula and so far she will sleep in 4-6 hour stretches so I am able to get sleep at night which has helped with my recovery a lot. I am looking forward to getting to know people on here and sharing the first year experiences

Allaya9 responded:
Hello, and congrats on your little girl! My son is 2 weeks away from being a year, I can't believe how fast the time has passed. That's wonderful that she's sleeping for such long stretches during the night, and it definitely helps you I would nap when he would nap and that helped too since giving birth is extremely tiring mentally and physically.
Me(37) DH(38) Lochlan Sidney born 9/9/11

capriciousangel31 replied to Allaya9's response:
Yeah nobody can really forewarn you exactly how draining giving birth is lol

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome to mommyhoood Megan! Glad to have you join us over here!

So glad you are getting some sleep at this point!

Looking forward to hearing more about Melody (and see some pics)!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

capriciousangel31 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Does anyone know how I can add pictures?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Yeah! Can't wait to see pics! This is easy once you have it set up.

To copy or post a picture, photo or image first upload the pic to a service like PhotoBucket, Snapfish or others, then link it with the URL.

Use the camera icon at the top of the reply box to link the URL.

Be careful when registering with photo upload services. Do not use your name as the user name. When clicking on the photo and Properties your user name and other albums will show.

Also, if you try to link images from Facebook, these are automatically blocked, because members clicking on your images would have access to your Facebook profile.
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Did you know crib bumpers can be dangerous?Expert
Sure they're cute, but are they worth the potential risk? Between 1985 and 2005, 27 children under the age of 2 years died and 25 were ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.