6 month old runny nose
candicecoolkid posted:
My six month old has a runny nose. Its bothering her so bad. She can't sleep. She has no other symptoms not sure what I can do. Just got a vicks humidifier and chest rub.

Jackie03291 responded:
Fold up a blanket or something similar and place it under one end of her crib mattress to help tilt her head up while she is sleeping. This will help keep the mucus out of her head. Also, saline and those nose suckers are great for helping clean out their little noses. If you still have the one from the hospital, I have found that they work better than the ones from the store. Best of luck! It is no fun dealing with a sick baby!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

candicecoolkid replied to Jackie03291's response:
Ok the saline seems to work well. She rolls around her crib so I don't think elevating one side will work. She keeps rolling into the fetal position tummy down butt up. Every time I pull her legs out she just tucks them back in.

Poor baby couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time.

Jackie03291 replied to candicecoolkid's response:
You could also try bringing her into the bathroom, close the door and running the shower as hot as you can get it and as it gets steamy in there start suctioning her nose. This will really get her running even more but hopefully it will loosen up anything that might be stuck in there so you can get it out and hopefully keep it from turning into any type of sinus infection! Best of luck!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

candicecoolkid replied to Jackie03291's response:
Thanks again. Were still sleepless. Now I feel like I'm getting sick

angy1984 responded:
my son is 10 months old he had the same pproblem for a few weeks then it turned into a pretty bad cold. if i were you i'd bring the baby to the dr just to get checked out. and make sure you suck her nose out as much as you can and a steamy bath room helps also just hold her in the bathroom with the hot shower running for about half an hour to an hour and it should help with her stuffy nose. good luck

mommylove222 responded:
My baby gets a cold, runny nose, congestion the whole works frequently from my other 2 children who are in daycare. So I was searching online for a baby nasal aspirator that actually works, I got tired of struggling with the bulb or the snot sucker thing. I found a discussion on babycenter about the Snotarator, and I figured at this point I might as well try it. I got the surprise of a lifetime when placed it against her nose and before she could even fight back we were done. The canister of the snotarator was full of mucus and baby could breathe again. http://www.snotarator.com/