Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday Tell-All & LO Updates - August 28, 2012
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Take a minute, check-in and let us know how you and your LO are doing! I am working in the Atlanta office this week and Monday has come and gone, so we will have a Tuesday check-in.

Share your LO's Age and Stats -

Any Fun Firsts - What's new and exciting?

Monday Moans - Any new struggles or just something you need to get off your chest?

What are you going to do for yourself this week? Mommy's need ME Time!

How's the weather where you are? Hope everyone is safe!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Carson 5 months on friday! (time is going tooooo fast!)

I weighed myself then me and him and he weighs approx 15.6lb (did this right after diaper change so no doodie weight). So thats about a pound and a half weight gain since his appt on 8/7. I thought he felt bigger but wasn't sure. His doctor said at his last appt that he was tall and skinny. He is fillin out just a little bit now. Probably gained some height too though. Its kind of funny he fits 6 months for onsies and jammies but for pants its 3/6 months (and those are a little long). Long torso short little leggies.

mommy time: last weekend we did a bbq and I had my massage/mani/pedi and a hair cut that was nice. This week umm putting clothes away after doing laundry lol

weather. cooled off a little bit and looks like it could rain but so far nothin. Otherwise its been hot.

missashley1010 responded:
Share your LO's Age and Stats - Kaden just turned 11 months yesterday AHH oh how the time flys. I am assuming he is around 20 pounds now he was 18 pounds at his last doctors appt when he was nine months.

Any Fun Firsts - He is officially a walker!! He only will walk to me or daddy but he is standing on his own and taking three or four steps then down on his butt he goes but oh goodness its so exciting!!!

Monday Moans - Between long hours at work and unwelcome guests in my house its been a long week...and its only wednesday . Oh well.

What are you going to do for yourself this week? Well im re- reading the hungar games because I LOVE THEM BOOKS! I bought the movie the other night so I think I might have to go get a pizza and watch my movie! I am also planning Kadens birthday I cant believe it! Hubbi and I are thinking mickey mouse club house theme!

How's the weather where you are? Beautiful! Too nice to be stuck in the basement of my job with no windows

capriciousangel31 responded:
Megan
Little Melody is 2 weeks old today, she is eating every 1 1/2-2 hours so I think she is going through a growing spurt.

She is also able to hold her head up all by herself for 10 seconds

Monday moans: I am sooo sick of pumping!!!! Melody won't latch on so we have been strictly pumping and bottle feeding but I feel like I am constantly pumping and that I have no life.

This week I am taking a long hot shower and nobody is allowed to interrupt me lol

The weather here in WI is hot again we are in the 90's today

hgreenwood7058 replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Megan I totally understand. You will get used to it. As she gets a little older and your body gets used to it a little more, you can slowly wean yourself to every 4 hours instead of two. Thats what I did. Just gotta stay motivated. Carson eats every 2 hours except at night he eats every 4-5 hours and he is 5 months old and he is on pumped milk as well.

capriciousangel31 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Well I have my pumping down to every 4 hours during the day now and then I don't pump at night as Melody eats formula at night because it keeps her full longer and she is able to get some sleep. Her new thing is being awake for 2-3 hours at a time and then she is sooo tired that she can't fall asleep and will take another hour to settle down and sleep.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.