Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
infant sleeping to much
An_247515 posted:
Hi, My granddaughter is 6wks old and for the past 2days she is sleeping way to much and now she is just sleeping all the time. My daughter has called her dr. but she has not called back? Is this a normal thing sometimes with Newbies???? We are really worried, my daughter will try and feed her and she will wake up and only drink about an ounce then back to sleep? Please if you could give some advice.
Thank you

capriciousangel31 responded:
She is most likely just going through a growth spurt, if she is still like this in a couple of days I would phone the doctor again, but as long as she wakes up to eat an ounce or so and is still having the right amount of wet/dirty diapers I wouldn't be concerned.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.