Skip to content
Congestion or something else?
BabyRyder51712 posted:
I have a 3 month old son and for almost a week now he has had congestion. When he breaths, especially when he has a pacifier or a bottle in his mouth it sounds worse. He does cough sometimes and has been spitting up a little more than usual. How do i know if this is congestion or something else? Could he possibly have a narrow nasal passage? Ive been wanting to take him to the Dr. but some people say they wont do anything for him without a fever. And he hasnt ran a fever at all. Look forward to hearing some tips and advice bc i am freaking out.

angy1984 responded:
my son did the same thing when he was 3 months old. they told me to use a humidifier in his room, and if u want u can get baby nose spray and suck the boogers out. but dont freak out with my baby he was starting to teeth, it makes them spit more and yes they choke on their saliva. if u want to check if he is wash your hands and feel his gums if u feel bumps on them then hes starting to teeth. and yes the dr. wont do much without a fever but u can go in to get their advice believe me i did. just remember you are his mom you have the right to bring him in if u want to.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.