Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sippy cups
angy1984 posted:
have a 10 month old son and the dr said to get him on sippy cups a little early. i can't get him to take it tho. he'll chew on it and throw it on the ground. does anyone know any tricks or methods to make him want it?

earleyml1012 responded:
Try a different cup. My 10 month old was doing the same thing until last week I switched her to the Advent brand sippy cups. On the package it says easier transition between bottly and sippy. The first day she drank a little and played with it but then the next time I tried it I measured 3oz of water and when she was finished there was only 1oz left. What have you been putting in the cups? Maybe try some watered down 100% juice if he doesn't like the plain water. Or try milk. Don't give up and keep offering it to him multiple times a day. Also, one time try holding it up for him to drink out...show him what it's for. Maybe he doesn't get it and that's why he just plays with it.

angy1984 replied to earleyml1012's response:
i've been putting his formula in it. I'm going to try the 100% juice because he does not like the gerber juice. thank u. this is the first real challange i've had with him he broke himself of pacifiers and his thumb.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.