Skip to content
Monday Minutes & LO Updates - 09/24/12 - Feeling Fall Yet?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Take a minute, check-in and let us know how you and your LO are doing!

Share your LO's Age and Stats -

Any Fun Firsts - What's new and exciting?

Monday Moans - Any new struggles or just something you need to get off your chest?

What are you going to do for yourself this week? Mommy's need ME Time!

Are you feeling fall yet? We had temps in the 90's this weekend, but woke up to 50's this morning. YUM!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

capriciousangel31 responded:
Megan and Baby Melody

Melody is 5 weeks 4 days old and weighs 12.5 lbs now!! she is also 22 inches long.

She now mimics me and my hubby when we stick our tongues out at her and she smiles more at me

My only struggle is waiting for my 6 week check up next week so that I can be cleared to have sex which I missed dearly.

This week I think I am going to go and get my hair cut, that will be my brief me time lol

For sure feeling Fall here in WI it's been getting down in the 30's at night

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Hi Megan -

Hope you have a pic of Melody sticking out her tongue - too cute!

I attended postpartum lunches at the hospital after I has my daughter. The first group was birth to 5 weeks. The second was 6 to 12 weeks. When you entered the luncheon the nurse said "Welcome to Sex!" Seemed to be the topic of most discussions.
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Carson will be 6 months on monday! Can't believe its gone by so fast. He will be getting his check up that day and I will be able to give stats then

Firsts: Carson is still working on his little tooth nub and now he is working on trying to crawl. He has gotten the hands and knees and rocking thing just hasen't figured out how to put it all together yet. Its so cute though because he gets so excited. He can scoot to the side and backwards and in circles just not forward yet. Oh and we bought him a jumparoo thing yesterday. He loves it! (played in it for almost 2 hours just bouncing up and down and wriggling and playing with toys)

Monday-ish moans: umm still really smokey off and on and so asthma still not so happy. Out of the 10 fires though most of them have been mostly contained if that makes sense. Our air has been at hazardous levels for about 2 weeks now. We had one good day yesterday but the smoke came back today and back at bad levels again. bleh. To the point that people have to wear masks outside. The DOH is handing out small particulate masks as a result.

Doing for myself: umm I bought myself a new pair of work pants lol

Fall: we are feeling smoke lol. Its cold at night but warm in the day time.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I also can't believe 6 months has gone by! I have heard about celebrating 1/2 birthday's, are you going to have a celebration?

Jumparoo = Lifesaver for me at the same age. Seemed like I could not get dinner made when my daughter began to be mobile. She loved it and I could concentrate in the kitchen.

Yikes - The smoke sounds miserable. Hoping for rain and clear air.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

hgreenwood7058 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
we won't be doing 1/2 birthdays but on a more fun note. We are going to be starting solids (he has been doing rice milk for about 4 weeks but otherwise has only had mommys milk). We are going to start vegetables this weekend!. On a not so fun note, my husband and cousin (who is currently staying with us and he 2 children who stay part time) both are sick and little man has a little bit of a cold now too.

Allaya9 responded:
A little late on the update, but what the heck!
Lochlan is a year old! 24lbs and 33 inches
Well, we found out that he's not allergic to peanuts, eggs, milk or soybeans, yay!
He's been off the bottle for about 3 weeks and doing great, still a bit difficult to figure out snacks, but we are getting the hang of feeding him solids 5 times a day lol!
Me time, mmm, does taking a shower when the baby is sleeping count lol
Feeling the fall here, starting to get cooler at night!
Me(37) DH(38) Lochlan Sidney born 9/9/11

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.