Favorite Mommy Moments?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
What has been your favorite mommy moment?

Do you have a favorite time of the day? Do you have a particular moment that has made you think "Wow, I'm a mom!"?

Will share mine later, having to run out for school pick-up and do the after-school-shuffle!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

sumis responded:
My moment is when you see your LO tyo pickup after school they run to you and hug you .

Also when you are nursing after which your baby stops nursing for a moment and looks at you and smiles and talks and then goes back to nursing again and I think only Moms can get this feeling .

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to sumis's response:
Hi Sumis -

Smiling while reading your response.

I have to agree with you on both of these.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

monamia responded:
My sons are grown now so I'll share something more recent, though there are so many favorite mommy moments for me. When they're little how they wrap their little arms around you and let you snuggle is pretty great.

One of my best moments with my older son was when he returned early from a tour of duty in Bosnia to surprise me. I just started bawling when I spotted him in the house.

A best moment with my younger son was a couple of years ago for my birthday he created this amazing video filled with snippets of some of my favorite shows (Mad Men, Deadwood and more), music and pictures. It was funny and enormously poignant and had everyone in the room crying, including me.

I love being a mom to my boys. What surprised me when I was a new mom was just how much FUN it was, how sweet and funny they were, how smart and creative. And that joy hasn't stopped yet.

mom2aboy3 responded:
guess my favorite mommy moments have to be when hes smiling you could just walk by him and he will stop what ever hes doing and just smile and laugh and your heart just melts or another one would have to be when my husband has him in his arms and i walk in and he just stats to cry because he doesnt want daddy he wants me and then ill take him and he will quiet right down and snuggle right up to my chest and his little fingers wrap around mine and he wont let go for minutes at a time

cshyronia responded:
On the weekend when my kids stay home with dad. I walk through the door after work and my 5 yr old and 21 month old both run to me and hug me and say love you mommy. And my 6th month old just start kicking her legs in the air. I pick her up and she gives me the biggest smile.

I must say I secretly I also enjoy nap time.LOL They all look so precious when there sleep.and mommy get a breather.

mommyin2011 responded:
when my DS holds my hand to his face when he is sleeping. it lets me know he always wants me near him

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am smiling while reading these responses!

Thinking back to when my LO was an infant my favorite time was when she would nap on my chest after feeding. It was so nice to have this tiny little girl snuggled up with her fuzzy hair brushing my chin.

Yesterday my heart melted when my now almost 8 year old came home about 5:30 pm. I usually pick her up from school but with the crazy storm had to work so a friend picked her up. She ran in, hugged me and said "Mommy, I've missed you so much today! I only saw you for 30 minutes this morning." So sweet!
Elizabeth

Zaysmama replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Those are all so sweet!

I have 2 boys so my favorite moments would have to be when my 3 & 1/2 year old DS snuggles up to me and says love you mommy so I say it back and then in the sweetest little voice he always asks, "Mommy we best friends?"... I love it and I always reply, "Yes baby bug we are best friends!"...
With my new little man, favorite moment would have to be the one morning I had fed him around 5:30am and laid him back down, he didnt go back to sleep but also didnt fuss so I started dozing off for the the next 2 hours until my older baby woke up. At that point I carried the baby down stairs and in that short little time he nuzzled into my chest and fell asleep,,, Made me smile to know that he just wanted his mommy!

I love being a mom and although I miss the baby days with my big boy, I love watching him learn new things when the light bulb flicks on his face always lights up and its like I've achieved something!