Skip to content
Can yeast infections spread through babies playing together or bathing together?
An_248168 posted:
An 11 month old child in our daycare has a bad yeast infection that covers most of her genitals and contains open sores. She may even have it on her nipples. If she scratches that area and then touches my son who is the same age (hold hands or pulls on his arm), can she spread the yeast infection to him? If they are currently bathed together can it be spread that way?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

I see you posted this a couple weeks ago, sorry we missed this question. The good news, according the the info below, yeast infections are not contagious.

See these resources for more information -

Fungal Infections of the Skin
Are Yeast Infections Contagious?

And, for tips for keeping away the daycare yuck that can spread -

Controlling Contagious Infections

Hope this is helpful and let us know how your little one is doing,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Community Abbreviation Guide
Everyone needs a cheat sheet when they first join the Pregnancy/Parenting Communities! Don't worry, I felt intimidated and confused with ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.