Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Minutes & LO Updates - October 1, 2012
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Take a minute, check-in and let us know how you and your LO are doing!

Share your LO's Age and Stats -

Any Fun Firsts - What's new and exciting?

Monday Moans - Any new struggles or just something you need to get off your chest?

What are you going to do for yourself this week? Mommy's need ME Time!

What did you do over the weekend? My 7 year old was chomping at the bit to get the Halloween decorations out, so we did!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Allaya9 responded:
Lochlan is 13 months old! 24lbs and 33 inches (at the last doc visit)

No more formula, yay! We decided to cold turkey little bit with bottles, but the sippy cups with straws are awesome he loves them. He drinks his milk and water from them. He's walking much better, had some spills but not too bad.

We've gotten into the separation and stranger anxiety, he screams if a stranger tries to hold him. If I leave him alone in a room(usually just to grab something from the kitchen, while he's behind the baby gate) he screams and gets himself worked up until me or daddy come back. It's a bit frustrating but one of those phases

Ah, mommy me time, hmm what's that, lol. I did go to the grocery store and left little man with daddy, it was nice to get out on my own

Well, since daddy had to work me and little bit hung out, since his walking is better he zooms around the house getting into everything, but he's such a joy
Me(37) DH(38) Lochlan Sidney born 9/9/11

dmnorwood85 responded:
Hello!
I am a new mommy. I have a 6 week old boy. We for the
first time in the past week had a goodnights sleep. Well,
good compared to 2 hours of sleep a night. He has begun
to smile and giggle, which melts my heart. I went back to
work this week. Which is a relief. I needed some adult time.

As I said earlier we are (hopefully had) having issues with him sleeping at night. As soon as it is 9pm my baby wants
to stay up until the wee hours of the morning and I mean
until 3 to 4am is when he eventually stays asleep. He is
not fussy just wide awake and he wants to "talk".
Yesterday we attempted to allow him to take a two 3
hour naps. One around 11 and the second around 4. The
amazing thing is that it worked! So I am hoping this sticks.

It is funny that being married was simple and I adapted.
Being a mother I adapted well, but its those moments when
I have no idea (or We) what is going on and what to do.
Yes, there are books to help guide you. But going through
the motion itself is harder than I thought. I tried to be the
Super Mom. Having the house spotless, dinner cooked,
and a permanent smiel on my face. Well, that has
changed. I do what I can and I no loger puch myslef to
the limit. Yes, I have dishes that need to be put up and my
shelves need dusting this weekend but I am sane. And to
top it off I do plan on dropping off my baby at his
grandparents this Friday to get a little break for 2 hours.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Allaya9's response:
Glad to hear the switch went smoothly and think of the money you will save!

Your me time sounds like mine. I also went to the grocery store after I put my LO down. I tuned in a good station and turned it up on the way into town.

Love Lochlan pic! What a cute smile!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to dmnorwood85's response:
Hello and Welcome to Mommyhood!

Motherhood is the hardest job in the world, but also the most rewarding. Throw in trying to be a wife, chef, personal shopper, housekeeper, work and it can get more than overwhelming. So glad to hear you are taking a little time for yourself tomorrow!

Fingers crossed for good sleep and lots more smiles!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

mom2aboy3 responded:
marc 6 years old and jadan 5 months oldnd
jadan at his 4 month check up was 13 lbs 7 oz and 24 inches long he had a upper respiratory infection and a ear infection plus teething and his reflux acting up he was put on antibiotics and we came back the following week for a check up on the ear infection and the upper respiratory infection he went from 13 lbs 7 oz to 14 lbs 4 oz well here we are a month later once again he has a cold and i think he has yet another ear infection cause his fevers back hes grabbing his ear and screaming at the top of his lungs i plan on calling his pedi in the mornign and hopefully taking him to after hours
ive finally figured out what ive been missing for the last 6 years lol a full night sleep that is if my 6 year odl would sleep through the ngiht liek the baby the baby has been sleeping through the night for the last week or so im not so exhausted anymore its a complete turn for him he was on a schedule of eating every hour in half to 2 hours because of his schedule cause he wasnt gaining weight so if i coudl get the 6 yr old to do the same sleep through the night then id be one happy momma lol cause i can count on two hands how many nights hes slept through the night
this weekend i think were goign to set up for halloween and my 6 yr odl has homework fom the past week cause he has figured if he hides his homework he doesnt have to do it well daddy found it tucked away and well now hes gonna spend the weekend doing it things they do these days their learnign early things they shouldnt do

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to mom2aboy3's response:
Yikes! Poor little guy and poor mama!

Boy can I relate to the sleep. My 7 year old wakes up at about 1 am and 4 am. At 1 am I can easily steer her back to bed, at 4 am I am out of it and she ends up in our bed.

We finally broke down and talked with the pediatrician, he recommended benadryl type med. Worked like a charm and we have titrated down and for the past week or so - no med and no wake up. Please note that I am not recommending anyone do this. Please talk with your doctor before giving your child any meds!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

mom2aboy3 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
my sons pedi told us about the benadryl too and well we tryed it when he was 2 maybe 3 and it didnt really work so we just gave up and we are being strict now of if we are awake and he comes in or he comes in and we just so happen to wake up from him coming in we make him go back to his own bed useually it means mommy has to go get him a drink and then hell go potty and then he will go back to his bed were hoping soon he will realize he can get a drink himself cause we have little paper cups that are in the bathroom he could use for a drink but hes afraid of the sink in the upstairs bathroom i guess its diffrent and well some children dont liek diffrent

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.