Skip to content
Baby Constipation
margie626 posted:
Hi, my poor baby 10 month baby girl is constipated. The doctor advised me to put more fiber and water into her diet. Also to add about 2 ounces of water/prune juice aside form her regular feeding.

She is in pain when she poops, she pushes so hard its unbearable to watch. Is there any other tips/suggestions anyone can give me to help my baby go through this.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Try gripe water. I don't know if it was that, that necessarily worked for my little man but it seemed when he had not gone in like 3 days and I gave him that he would get a very large poopy diaper within a few hours to a day. Also you could try adding more fruits to her diet. I noticed recently since we just started carson on baby food (he turned 6months almost 2 weeks ago) and noticed he seems to be going almost daily now. Peaches seemed to really do the trick. Prune juice could work. Also, when I was younger I was told pear juice (you can get it in the section where the baby food and stuff is where its not all syrup its a lot better for you by gerber) and to try that. You may want to dilute it a bit because it can be kind of strong.Best of luck!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.