Skip to content
Baby Constipation
margie626 posted:
Hi, my poor baby 10 month baby girl is constipated. The doctor advised me to put more fiber and water into her diet. Also to add about 2 ounces of water/prune juice aside form her regular feeding.

She is in pain when she poops, she pushes so hard its unbearable to watch. Is there any other tips/suggestions anyone can give me to help my baby go through this.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Try gripe water. I don't know if it was that, that necessarily worked for my little man but it seemed when he had not gone in like 3 days and I gave him that he would get a very large poopy diaper within a few hours to a day. Also you could try adding more fruits to her diet. I noticed recently since we just started carson on baby food (he turned 6months almost 2 weeks ago) and noticed he seems to be going almost daily now. Peaches seemed to really do the trick. Prune juice could work. Also, when I was younger I was told pear juice (you can get it in the section where the baby food and stuff is where its not all syrup its a lot better for you by gerber) and to try that. You may want to dilute it a bit because it can be kind of strong.Best of luck!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful