Jason vs. Natalie; Mom's Attention
TraceyVo15 posted:
I have 2 children; Jason( who has cerebral palsy, and Natalie(5). I was a high school teacher before i had my son. I am a stay at home mom caring for him. My daughter Natalie gets extremely jealous when i spend more time with her brother then with her. She says that I don't love her and that's not true. Sometimes she doesn't want to come out of her room because she thinks i love my son Jason more than her, I love both my children the same. What can I do to show her that I love her?

My Jason has to be fed during every meal, but it's like every meal that I feed him ends up spitted out. What kinds of foods can I try?

Should I potty train him or continue to diaper him?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi TraceyVo15 and Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear about the struggles you are having with both of your children.

We have a great community, Parenting 4 & 5 Year Olds to help you out with Natalie's behaviors. Please repost with the moms over there for more support.

I haven't noticed any other parents of children with cerebral palsy on this community so I also wanted to give you a link find support and network with others -

My Child Without Limits - Support group and forum associated with United Cerebral Palsy .

Please let us know if these links are helpful. Hope you find advice and support soon.

Take Care,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown