Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Premature Birth
Demeli posted:
We had our third son on September 13th. He was not suppose to arrive until Oct 23rd!

My previous sons had minimal complications (gestatinal diabetes/kidney stones/utis) and both were born at 39 and 40 weeks. Both very HEALTHY boys 9lbs 15 oz and 10 lbs 12 oz.

So when my water broke at 34 weeks and 2 days I was totally shocked because my pregnancy has been great! Our third son was born weighing 5 lbs 12oz and he is now doing wonderful at 5 weeks old.

My question is for any moms out there that had a preemie did your next pregnancy also end prematurely? We definitely want more kiddos but do not want to chance having a baby early. Its ok when they make it but luckily he didn't come out any earlier! Its just my doctor said this was a fluke but I have now a higher risk of another premature baby. But if it was a fluke why would it happen again?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Demeli and Welcome -

Congratulations on the birth of your third baby boy!! Wow, three boys, I admire you!

I also had an early bird, my daughter was born at 36 weeks, we brought home a healthy 5lb,4oz teensy, tiny one.

Since I have not had other children I don't have any personal experience to offer, but while waiting for others to respond I wanted to pass along this information -

Thinking About Pregnancy After Premature Birth? - March of Dimes

Did you have any other pregnancy complications with your other sons?

~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Helpful Tips

Diherea and puking
My 10 month old son started getting diherea yesterday when he was with the babysitter. then this morning after i got my husband off to work ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 17 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.