Skip to content
Premature Birth
Demeli posted:
We had our third son on September 13th. He was not suppose to arrive until Oct 23rd!

My previous sons had minimal complications (gestatinal diabetes/kidney stones/utis) and both were born at 39 and 40 weeks. Both very HEALTHY boys 9lbs 15 oz and 10 lbs 12 oz.

So when my water broke at 34 weeks and 2 days I was totally shocked because my pregnancy has been great! Our third son was born weighing 5 lbs 12oz and he is now doing wonderful at 5 weeks old.

My question is for any moms out there that had a preemie did your next pregnancy also end prematurely? We definitely want more kiddos but do not want to chance having a baby early. Its ok when they make it but luckily he didn't come out any earlier! Its just my doctor said this was a fluke but I have now a higher risk of another premature baby. But if it was a fluke why would it happen again?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Demeli and Welcome -

Congratulations on the birth of your third baby boy!! Wow, three boys, I admire you!

I also had an early bird, my daughter was born at 36 weeks, we brought home a healthy 5lb,4oz teensy, tiny one.

Since I have not had other children I don't have any personal experience to offer, but while waiting for others to respond I wanted to pass along this information -

Thinking About Pregnancy After Premature Birth? - March of Dimes

Did you have any other pregnancy complications with your other sons?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.