Premature Birth
Demeli posted:
We had our third son on September 13th. He was not suppose to arrive until Oct 23rd!

My previous sons had minimal complications (gestatinal diabetes/kidney stones/utis) and both were born at 39 and 40 weeks. Both very HEALTHY boys 9lbs 15 oz and 10 lbs 12 oz.

So when my water broke at 34 weeks and 2 days I was totally shocked because my pregnancy has been great! Our third son was born weighing 5 lbs 12oz and he is now doing wonderful at 5 weeks old.

My question is for any moms out there that had a preemie did your next pregnancy also end prematurely? We definitely want more kiddos but do not want to chance having a baby early. Its ok when they make it but luckily he didn't come out any earlier! Its just my doctor said this was a fluke but I have now a higher risk of another premature baby. But if it was a fluke why would it happen again?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Demeli and Welcome -

Congratulations on the birth of your third baby boy!! Wow, three boys, I admire you!

I also had an early bird, my daughter was born at 36 weeks, we brought home a healthy 5lb,4oz teensy, tiny one.

Since I have not had other children I don't have any personal experience to offer, but while waiting for others to respond I wanted to pass along this information -

Thinking About Pregnancy After Premature Birth? - March of Dimes

Did you have any other pregnancy complications with your other sons?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown