Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 week old baby with constant yellowish green snot worried mom here
proudmom29288 posted:
My son just had his 2 week check up on tuesday and he was perfectly healthy. It seems the very next day after being in that stupid office he's not got a constant stuffy nose and the color seems to be a yellowish green color. I've got 2 older children and they were never sick before 6 months so I'm kinda freaking out here. Part of my fear is him getting so congested he can't breath then my fear of sids becomes much higher. I'm needing some serious suggestion please already losing sleep watching him sleep.

sumis responded:
He might have some infection take him to the Doctor.My Paed always keeps the first appointment for newborns.She always wants to see hew newborn patients first thing in the morning before sick children come in .Nest time may be you can ask the same to the Doctor.

proudmom29288 replied to sumis's response:
They have me trying saline drops right now since he's not running a fever but I think he's getting worse just tonight I can't seem to lay him flat. Going to dr first thing in the morning. I already stressed my concern with the dr about him getting sick after being in the office and she said she would bring it to the attention of the nurses to make sure they are cleaning all rooms and equipment before each patient, no matter how busy they happen to be.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to proudmom29288's response:
Hi proudmom -

Checking in to see how you and your little guy are doing. What other suggestions did they give for getting him comfortable?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

proudmom29288 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
He saw the dr today and they said nothings moved into his lungs which is good but the bad part is it's moved into his ears and he has an ear infection. But they've started him on antibiotics, dr said for his nose just keep up with the saline and suction.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to proudmom29288's response:
Oh no, an ear infection! Poor little guy!

I hope this clears up quickly and he stays bug free for a very long time!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

proudmom29288 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I was hoping so but my five year old woke up late last night throwing up so now I'm freaking out over the flu, cause I already know that if my newborn gets it we will be in the hospital. Just don't know what to do now.

sumis replied to proudmom29288's response:
Hi Proudmom

Don't worry as long as your ds2 is on BM he might not get sick .MY Ds1 was down with flu and i got it from him too.but my baby dodnot get it .The key is to wash hands every time before you carry the kid and I tried not to breathe on the baby or cough while nursing

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.