Skip to content
baby, water and constipation
evey2012 posted:
I have been told by many many people that if your infant is having trouble with hard stool and you are using tap water then that may be the cause of the constipation. It makes sense to me because they have jugs of purified water for babies. Also my daughter would get constipated only when i would run out of the baby water and use tap water. Wic would also ask what kind of water i was using.why would they ask that if it isn't a good idea to give your baby tap water?

Take the Poll

Does tap water make it hard for your baby to have bowel movements?
  • no, never
  • it has before, but not that bad.
  • i'm not sure
vote
View Poll Results

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I am unsure on the tap water since i pump for my son and they say not to give your child water often as an infant since they need the calories from milk or formula. Usually the reason for a lot of places saying don't use tap water is because of bacteria in some areas as well as other places put fluoride into their tap water. It is also common for babies to not go for 3 or so days as well. Whether they are BF or formula fed. If it seems to be bothering your LO I would suggest maybe try some gas drops or gripe water (found next to the gas drops but are all natural).

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.