Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Brain Development
An_249372 posted:
My daughter is now 7 years old and still drinks milk from the bottle.
I was told by my sister that there is a bad effect from the brain development. Please advise if this is true.
I allow my daughter to still use bottle since her weight loss drop down and she seldom drink milk already. But when I allowed her again to drink from the bottle she gained her weight again and appetite, She eats a lot now compared before when she stops drinking from the bottle and using glass.
Please let me know if there's a harm in using bottle at her age

Thank you

Take the Poll

What is the caused in the childs brain development
What is the caused in her teeth
  • Slow brain development
  • poor teeth and gums
vote
View Poll Results

scperdomo7 responded:
Have you talked with her pediatrician? I think the most harm its going to do is be cause for ridicule if any of her friends find out she is drinking from a bottle at her age, but I would be sure that there could be other harm done as well.

Also, perhaps you could get more information if you posted in a different forum, since this is the Baby's First Year forum.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.