Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frequent vomiting and loose stools
An_249056 posted:
My son is 9 months old and has been vomiting nearly every time I've fed him in the last 5 days or so and his stools have been loose (either very watery or the consistency of thin pudding) for about 10 days - 2 weeks.

He will generally eat his breakfast (baby cereal with formula) but he always vomits lunch and dinner. I thought maybe it was what he was eating (pureed vegetables and meat) so I fed him cereal for dinner and that didn't work, every last bit of it came flying out. It wasn't the same as a "normal" spitting up/vomiting, you could see in his face that it was hurting him where usually it didn't bother him.

This morning he ate his breakfast but when it came to lunch, he moaned throughout it (like he always does) then after 3-4 bites, closed his mouth and refused to eat more; he didn't get sick thankfully but he barely ate anything either.

He had acid reflux when he was younger and around 6 months it was better. He can't eat anything with lumps either; he gags horribly and vomits.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.