Skip to content
BM
mlcbernal posted:
My daughter went from pooping almost every diaper to pooping at least 4-5 times a day and this past week she has went a day without going and then had a blow out and then back to another day without going. She's got gas and seems like at times she might be trying to go. She's still in a good mood and is very happy, but was more needy today and wanting to nurse more and be held more. She will be 4 months on the 13th. Anyone experience a similar intuition with their child?

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
My twins are on Alimentum formula, which can be constipating. My daughter has never had a problem with it, but my son was so constipated, he had to take a prescription laxative for a few months.
Now that they are 6 months old, I have added yogurt with probiotics to their food. This has helped so much, my son now has a BM every day to every other day. I have stopped his prescription medicine.

The physician's assistant at the pediatrician's office also had some liquid probiotics, but I never had to use them. I'd call the doctor and see what they recommend.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful