Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
skin asthma treatment for my 2 yr old bo
An_250184 posted:
When i gave birth to my first baby boy,I already noticed this red patches on his face but my mom told me to ignore that because it maybe only the dirt left when he is inside my tummy.She also told me to wipe cotton with my breast milk to his face to disappear those red pathches.But 3 wks later I still noticed red patches on his face.So I decided to brought him to pediatrician.The pediatrician analysis was at first maybe it is only on the mattress or clothes he wears.She told me to pour hot water on his clothes before i dry it so that the tiny insects that might there will die.She also gave me an ointment that i cant remember now.Months have passed i noticed that there is no improvement on my child face so I decided to brought him again to other pediatrician.He had his skin test and resulted of plenty appearance of fungus.They called it ringworm because of circle look on his my childs neck.My child is still irritable specially at midnight.and the red patches doesnt faded but have been active.On the third pedia where I brought him has the same analysis.The doctor also told me to changed his milk to hypo allergenic and gave cream again.Again there is no improvement.My child was alraedy 5 mons.that time so my husband and I decided to brought him again to another pedia whom his now his relative.That time my childs scalp and body skin is too dry.The doctor told us to shampoo my child with head and shoulder at first i dont believe her but if this is the only way to gave my child comfortableness then be it.She also told us to use dove soap or oilatum,or cethapil body wash and lotion which my child used to have it.And at last she told me to apply SYNALAR cream.Atlast! the red patches and and dry scalp and skin fade away.But when my child have his asthma attack and got hospitalized and have taken antibiotics,Ive noticed again patches on his skin but this time the patches are already embossed and much irritating to the point we couldn take our sleep.Again I brought him to pediatrician but not the doctor who cured him because that pedia whom I told to be my husband relative already changed to dental.the doctor says not to put SYNALAR cream because the content of it is to strong that may leave the child skin a dark spot after the rashes dry up but i dont follow her because this cream is the only ointment that serves as his steroid everytime we apply it and thats the only time my child gets calm.I also brought my child to medical city for hoping that the attending pedia there will help us totally cure my childs burden.The same process where taken skin asthma test,cethapil lotion,body wash,vitamins to his upper respiratory.She told us that the skin asthma is related to his asthmatic attack.By the way my child also have asthma,and hospitalized because of pneumonia and bronchitis on two consecutive years at different time.Then 1 day i had gone in one herbal shop in Cubao.I asked the assisting lady if she had any herbal medicine to skin asthma the lady gave me VIRGIN coconut oil she told me to apply it to my child skin after taking a bath.I did it and fortunately I noticed that the itchiness on my childs skin have lessen.but still it doesnt disappear.When he was confined last AUGUST 2012 I asked the doctor if there is any benefits on VIRGIN coconut oil she told me that She also dont I have idea but theres no harm in trying hence it doesnt have any chemical so it safe to use even in children.Up to now my child still have this patches and monthly asthma visitation specially on our cold weather today.He have cough for almost 1 week now.There is also dark marks left after the red patches have dried up.My question is..IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE MEDICATION U CAN REFER TO ME SO THAT MY CHILD IRRITATION ON SKIN AND ASTHMA ATTACK HAVE LESSEN OR TOTALLY GONE?AND WHAT OULD U RECOMMEND TO DISAPPEAR THOSE DARK SPOTS ON HIS BODY PARTS?TNX AND GODBLESS

hanamay responded:
Hello,

I don't know if you already found treatments for your child but I'll just want to share hehehe..
My son also was diagnosed of skin asthma when he was 6 months. Now he's almost 2 and still suffers from it almost everyday because of the cold weather here in Baguio. The first time we brought him, my pedia gave us couple of meds and lotions. Some oral liquid meds for allergies, ceramide soap (250 pesos), the oatmeal lotion (250 pesos) and hydrocortisone lotion (280 pesos now) in which you have to mix the two when applying it but now he only uses the lotions. The lotions don't have specific brand names maybe because they have suppliers who are the ones making or mixing it already to be more affordable given branded cost too much. Now he's just using the lotions and still give best results. So, I'm always worried every time the lotions are out of stock. So now I'm looking for other treatments especially natural. I've also read that VCO works. So I just want to ask if it works for your baby.
Thank you.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Did you know crib bumpers can be dangerous?Expert
Sure they're cute, but are they worth the potential risk? Between 1985 and 2005, 27 children under the age of 2 years died and 25 were ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.