Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my 7 month old wont drink her milk
newmum99 posted:
have a 7 month old baby...never a big milk drinker..is on formula from 4 months onwards. From the past two days she has been refusing bottles..cries everytime i bring the bottle near her..tried using sippy cup ..but she does not know how to use it yet..she has weaned and has three meals a day..had only 300ml yest and till today only has 150 ml or so..since m a new mum and she is my first i am soooo confused and scared..what should i do...pls HELP!!!

mom2aboy3 responded:
when there is big change in their attitude to something like this i would consult her pedi how much are you giving her oz wise she shoudl be round 6 oz at least between meals and what kind of sippy are you giving her if its a hard tip maybe try a softer one i know one of the big bottle companies makes a bottle that is for transitional and its a bottle niple then changes over to a sippy kind of nipple you could try that one ive seen them at walmart riteaide and walgreens hope this helps and good luck by they way she isnt going to starve herself if shes hungry shell eat if shes thirsty she will drink hope this helps

newmum99 replied to mom2aboy3's response:
hey..thank u so much for the reply..well..she did consume very little for a couple of days but from the last two days she is kinda getting back on track..yest she had around 16 oz in the entire day..there are some days when its difficult.lol..but some days are better..i bought the tommy tippee first sips..il try something with a softer spout..thank u again..!!!

lenono97 replied to newmum99's response:
If she is eating 3 meals a day she is probably not hungry for the bottle. Offer her the bottle, if she doesn't want it and seems satisfied, then I wouldn't worry too much.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.