Skip to content
oz intake in baby 9 mths old
mom2aboy3 posted:
my son is 9mths old i can only get him to drink 4 oz between meals he was getting the most bottles in the night cause he was waking up so much in the night so he was getting the daily oz in just mostly at night well recently he is only waking up once inthe night so hes sleeping better which is great for both of us but he is now not getting the oz he shoudl have on a daily basis i tryed to up his bottles to 5 oz but when i did that he started spitting up way more then he normally does sence he started eating baby food his reflux hasnt been to bad but with his oz intake of 5 oz he crankier and fussy and throws up /spits up all the time i took him back down to 4 oz cause i dont like him crying all the time and spitting up all the time i plan to talk to his pedi to see if he can put him back n the meds for the reflux so i can try to up his oz intake so hes getting the daily oz intake hes spose to have but any sugguestions anyone could give me would be appreciated thanks in advance

lenono97 responded:
Is he eating food? If so, that is probably keeping him full so he will not want as much formula/breast milk. As long as he is satisfied, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Talk to his pedi at your next appointment. But as long as he is growing and satisfied he is probably getting plenty to eat/drink.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.