Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
baby w/flu
julia_anne posted:
my 10 wk old is showing flu symptoms. makes me nervous. both her brother and sister are getting over the flu so its not a surprise. but to have such a tiny w/the flu makes me nervous. anyone have their baby get the flu at such a young age? her rectal temp this am was only 99.6 but she has a little cough and is pretty tired........

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would take her in. If its the true "flu". She could just have a virus but its always good to be checked. Its good that her temp isn't high too. Most things are viruses which there isn't much you can do other than keep her nose sucked out. humidifier if you have one and infant tylenol if running a fever (i believe they say over 101). But it would still be worth it to take her in.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.