Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Side effect
    An_251123 posted:
    Hello, my son is two. He is having bronchitis and he was prescribed Albuterol. He is getting a little better and he is as active and hungry as uusual. No fever. But I do notice that every time he gets this medication his heart rate gets a little faster than usual. Is it a normal side effect or should I do something about it? Thanks

iceechic responded:
    They are called tremors, albuterol causes that as a side effect. Heart palpatations, rapid heart beat, tremors, and shaking. My kiddos get the same side effects when they have to take it. As do I ... I hate that feeling. Hope he gets better!!!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
    totally normal. I have an inhalor and when I use it my heart does the same thing. I also get a little shaky due to it as well. Its a common side effect. No need to do anything at this point.

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
    For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.