Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
8 week old feeding schedule
sgahagan1 posted:
I'm having trouble getting my 8 week old on a more managable schedule. She is exclusively formula fed. According to everything that I've read, she should be eating 4-6oz every 3-4 hours (she weighs 9.5 pounds). Right now she is eating every 1-2 hours day and night and is only eating 1-2oz at each feeding. I have tried waiting to feed her and trying to feed her more but she screams with hunger and still never eats more than 2 oz. She is growing nicely and following her height and weight curve but I am exhausted and feel like all I do is feed her and wash bottles. When will she start going longer between feedings? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed her along?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.