Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Labial Adhesion in 4 month old
iceechic posted:
My 4 month old DD just had her 4 month well baby check. Everything is great except the dr. noticed that she has a labial adhesion (Labial adhesions usually occur in girls who are between 3 months and 6 years old. Labial adhesions are caused when the labia (vaginal lips) stick together.) and prescibed premarin to be applied twice a day for a month and then once a day after that. After the first time I applied it, she became very cranky, very restless, and cried. When I went to give her a bath I noticed that she was irritated where I applied the cream. Is there another remedy? What else can I do? I dont want to keep applying the cream if its going to make things worse. Any help would be appreciated.

Take the Poll

Anyone ever hear of Labial Adhesion?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

scperdomo7 responded:
I would suggest going back to the pediatrician and seeing if there is another remedy you could try that wouldn't irritate your daughter, I'm sure he/she would know a lot more about alternative treatments than I would!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.