Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
19 month and still drinking milk every 2 hours
Dudusha posted:
Hi,

my baby stopped accepting the breast milk since he was 6 month. Since then the hell broke loose and he starting eating/ drinking milk every 2h (and these are our lucky nights). The only milk he accepts is Soy milk. During the day he takes a nap for 2h at noon. He doesn't have patience to eat well during the day. During my pregnancy i had a very low sugar level (47 - while the normal is 80-120). I never got to test him because he always has milk with good night cereals so his sugar level is ok.

Please help me with any advice. I have tried delaying the feedings. Doesn't really help. He just gets angrier and cries more and more.

I haven't slept 1 night for more than year. I luv him but he needs a better night sleep.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
My son has only ever slept through the night once and he is 15 1/2 mo. I would suggest taking him to the doctor if you are concerned. It may be that he is lacking a nutrient. Could be that he is growing as well. Is he gaining weight appropriately or is he on the smaller side?[a style="COLOR: #006699; CURSOR: pointer" id=exchange-post-enabled_A8 class=template-reply-post onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'newborn-and-baby-exchange','3'); return false;">

Dudusha replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
He is gaining weight. The doctors only tell me to add night cereal. The soya/ rice milk is full of cereal. . The cry it out method is not my choice, ever. He has been sleeping until 6 month. Teething ruined everything. I also bougth the sleep plan from baby sleep site. unfortunately didn't help me so much. Now we had a good night, only feedings every 2 hours, no cry, no sound nothing. I hope we will get better with this.
Thank you so much for the reply and i wish you long night sleeps

hgreenwood7058 replied to Dudusha's response:
me too haha. I actually sleep next to the floor of his bed (for now. someday i won't have to. i hope..) because he wakes up so often. When does he have dinner? Any snacks? I choose not to CIO either. It does not work for all babies. carson would cry till he puked (I tried once. I was in the same room but it was dark and I was pumping and he just screamed and cried and gagged. never again).Hopefully your little man will start sleeping a little better so that you can rest too.

Dudusha replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
he had some better nights - last feeding 2 am and waking up at 6-6.30.
May i say i am so glad to be talking to another mom and not thinking i am the only one with these issues.
I also tryed the CIO method once and he cried for 3-4 hours and choked so bad. won't try it again.
He serves dinner about 7-8 PM (rice/ chicken/ pasta). Even though he eats/ drinks a lot during the night his weight is average -low for his age (we have the metric system)

Good luck to u too!
Today i will visit a famous doctor here to get some advice. if any sounds good will let you know.

What is your baby drinking during night? Formula?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.