Skip to content
H-Pylori in stool sample
nic14120 posted:
I tested positive recently for h-pylori through a blood test. I pushed my children's peds to test their stool (as I could get it back if they were positive), and had my husband get tested. My 6 yr old son is negative, but my 2.5 yr old daughter came up positive. her only issue has been strong smelling stool. I know this is something usually acquired as a child, but as an adult/child once you are positive, you can catch many times over. I am currently nearing the end of the triple treatment. It was tough on my 35 yr old body, mostly the one meds causing a horrible taste in my mouth all day/night. I spoke with their ped and they said they don't normally treat for it unless they show symptoms and said I don't need to. I asked to treat her in fear that I can get it back again. I feel terrible because she would need to do the same treatment, and I worry on her 2.5 yr old body what the meds will do. I don't know if it's safe at her age, or if she can tolerate it ok? I feel very torn. I am showing signs of an ulcer, and I know this can cause me serious GI issues if I keep contracting it.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful